Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: new poem

  1. #1
    Inactive Member lil_miss_bea3's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 1st, 2005
    Posts
    15
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Cool

    dedicated to my friend Danielle it brought tears to her eyes when she read it..but then again thats her

    "Two Faced"


    Your teardrops tell no lies
    Spilling the truth and secrets out
    I envision what you've been through
    The aching ness of a new day
    The rage locked tightly away
    The little key hidden in your pocket
    Assailing them in your mind
    Those who made you suffer
    They play with you; the little Barbie they never had
    You're an actress on their stage
    Bellowing the things that shouldn?t have happened
    Humor and wit at the surface
    On the inside drama and horror
    I've seen the real you
    It leaks from your pores like the blood from a gun wound
    Show me the wounds of your soul
    Mend them into a new you


    1-20-04

  2. #2
    Senior Hostboard Member Hannibal's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 16th, 2001
    Posts
    2,688
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Your teardrops tell no lies
    Spilling the truth and secrets out
    I envision what you've been through
    The aching ness of a new day
    The rage locked tightly away
    The little key hidden in your pocket
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I liked that far. After that it went a bit southward.
    I didn't care for the fact that I had no idea when you were referring to "them" (although I used to/ probably still do, that a lot in my poems).
    BUT - i think if you put the lines together "assailing them in your mind - those who made you suffer)
    it would work much better.

    That was pretty much my only hang up with this one.. as i said - loved the beginning...
    oh, but..
    It leaks from your pores like the blood from a gun wound
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">When I think gun wound - I think explosion - BAM, blood splattering everywhere - not leaking.
    Just kinda contradictory there - a bit picky - i know.

    But - I liked it.
    I give it 3 stars (out of 5) - which means it's a bit above average - but there's still much room for you to grow [img]smile.gif[/img]

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •